Funding Available from Wallace & Gromit Children's Charity19-Apr-2018
The Wallace & Gromit Children's Charity are making a call for applications from projects that work to improve the lives of sick children in hospitals
The Wallace & Gromit's Children's Charity is a national charity that raises funds to improve the lives of sick children in hospitals and hospices throughout the UK.
They have given over £2 million in grants to over 200 projects in over 90 different hospitals and hospices, providing life-saving medical equipment, free family accommodation, a range of arts, music and play therapy programmes, sensory equipment and facilities and respite care.
Supporting regional and local children's hospitals and hospices, they work to make sure that their grants benefit local communities throughout the UK.
The Charity says they are the only children's charity supporting sick children in hospitals and hospices throughout the UK.
Grants are available from The Wallace & Gromit Children's Charity to registered charities for projects whose efforts work to improve the quality of life of sick children.
As example; the Charity advise funding would be available for projects that provide:
- Arts, music, play and leisure programmes
- Facilities to support families of children treated in hospitals or hospices
- Welcoming and accessible environments
- Care and facilities in hospices
- Promoting education and information programmes
- Supporting children with physical and emotional difficulties
- Medical equipment (when it can be shown that funding is not available from statutory sources)
The Charity is especially interested in hearing from projects conceived by and in children’s hospitals and hospices.
The deadline for applications is 30th April 2018.