It is a legal requirement, for organisations and individuals alike, to adhere to the Equality Act 2010. This session is designed to help organisations to increase and develop their staff/volunteers depth of knowledge, understanding and appreciation in relation to Equality & Diversity. Appropriate as an introduction and/or refresher on the subject.
What you can expect to learn
• Understand what is meant by ‘equality’ and be able to consider how it can be promoted.
• Discuss the benefits of diversity within organisations, and to self and community
• Understand the importance of Equality & Diversity for an organisation
• Understand the core elements of the Equality Act 2010
• Recognise offences such as indirect and direct discrimination, victimisation and harassment
• Identify behaviours, language and attitudes that can be applied demonstrate a commitment to equality and diversity
• Recognise Organisational Culture’s impact on diversity
• Describe what to do when facing unfair treatment (of self or of others)
£22 (Both sectors)
To be confirmed. Please email email@example.com if you would like to register your interest and be added to a waiting list.
Medway Voluntary Action 5A New Rd Ave Chatham ME4 6BB