The SOVA (formerly POVA) course raises awareness of the importance of safeguarding vulnerable adults. Learners will be in a better position to implement their adult protection policy and the procedures they should follow. This course is essential for anyone working with vulnerable adults.
What you can expect to learn
• Legislative framework
• Categories of abuse
• Recognising signs and symptoms of abuse
• Recognising a vulnerable adult
• Recognise the boundaries of communication
• Understand organisational procedures when abuse is suspected or witnessed
• Good practice and minimising the risks
• The importance of debriefing
£22 (Both sectors)
To be confirmed. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to register your interest and be added to a waiting list.
Medway Voluntary Action 5A New Rd Ave Chatham ME4 6BB