A list of recent previous events is listed below:
Speed Networking, 26th September 2017
The VCS Leaders Network hosted a speed networking event to support local organisations to grow and develop useful contacts across Medway.
Using a 'speed dating' format, the event created a foundation to meet with people from a wealth of organisations and support areas. With a faster pace than the previous events, it gave you the opportunity to exchange business cards and have initial quick conversations with as many members as possible, allowing you to build a “to contact” list from the event. The event was also attended by a number of key individuals representing organisations from the statutory and commercial sector, as well as people representing funding organisations.
Some feed back from the delegates:
"I will be contacting several different organisations about joint working. This was a brilliant way to get to know the network and should be a regular event."
"I will follow up with the number of contacts I made at the event. It was incredibly useful to meet and catch up with other organisations delivering in Medway."
"I would like to follow up with some of the organisations that I wasn't aware of as this would be useful to my clients."
Outcomes of the event:
* Two organisations have linked up to share their resource of minibuses - benefiting both organisations and the people they support.
* “Making Miracles have had interest of a potential Trustee from the event so if it all works out that will be great for us.” Sally Howells - Chairman
* Jane Howard and John Norley secured regular meetings with Councillor David Brake.
* "I found the networking event invaluable. We're holding free safeguarding events across the country at the moment - to help spread knowledge and good practice to educational settings - and following on from the event, 24 people signed up for our Medway session right away! Being able to talk about SHS's work face-to-face really helped as people often don't have time to read emails, even if an offer is useful for them." - Head of Membership at education charity called School-Home Support (SHS)
* Gill Valentine from Home Start Medway is exploring Duke of Edinburgh Awards for children and parents.
Volunteers Week Launch, 1st June 2017
Organisations from across the network helped to celebrate the launch of Volunteers Week in Medway and to raise the profile of VCS Leaders Network Members. The event also gave Members informal opportunities to continue nurturing new contacts and relationships as they came together to support this shared initiative.
Engaging Health Commissioners, and using the VCS to drive changes in Public Health, 22nd February, 2017
Event included speakers from Dementia Action Alliance, Neurological Alliance, MEGAN, Turning Point, the Patient Experience & Engagement Pilot, Medway CCG and Medway Community Healthcare. For more details of this event please click here
Collaboration, Partnering and maximising opportunities for your organisation, 13 October, 2016
Workshops looking including Tender readiness, Procurement processes tips and the legislation. Event looking at collaborative working, challenges to collaboration and ways of collaborating.
Volunteers Week Event- 10th June, 2016
A celebration of volunteering across Medway attended by a host of VCS organisations alongside Medway MPs, Councillors and other dignitaries.
Social Value, 29th February, 2016
Event included presentations around “how the sector can bring its skills to Council procurement” and “Commissioning priorities in a challenging environment – how can we work more effectively together”. Event also included some workshops on “How should Medway adopt the concept of Social Value in commissioning in the future?” and “Understanding the tendering and the bidding process”