There is no question that sustainability is gaining momentum in the Voluntary & Community Sector (VCS). Sustainability is about finding ways for your charity or community group to operate that does not harm the environment. It’s also about being mindful of how your actions affect the local area and communities in Medway, and ensuring resources aren’t wasted or destroyed and that they are used in the most effective ways.
There are many ways in which you can get involved and MVA are able to provide a helping hand. Remember every journey begins with small steps and you don’t have to start with something big! Starting small and building your way up can often help to embed any changes you want to make more firmly.
With this in mind, MVA have created this new space full of resources on how VCS organisations can ‘Go Greener’ including a free downloadable ‘Go Greener’ guide which has lots of quick and easy ideas to help promote environmental sustainability. You can download MVA’s ‘Going Greener’ Guide HERE
If you’re serious about ensuring your organisation is committed to the environment, a good place to start is by developing an environmental policy and upload it to your website so that it is a public commitment. For inspiration, and what to include, you can take a look at MVA’s Environmental Policy by clicking HERE.
Other Helpful Downloads
• Government Report On Charities & Environmental Responsibility Report – Going Green
• The Carbon Trust Better Business Guide To Energy Saving
• A-Z Of Ideas For Great Big Green Week
Supporting Organisation Website Links
• The Carbon Trust - Free Carbon Footprint Calculator
• Urban Environmental Management Online FAQ Sheet On Conducting An Effective Environmental Assessment
• NI Business Info’s Article On How to Carry Out An Environmental Review Of Your Business
• Charity Digital Article On How Working In The Cloud Is Affecting The Environment
|Organisation||Go Greener Pledge||Date Submitted|
|Medway Voluntary Action||MVA's Go Greener Pledge||13th June 2022|