Medway Council are supporting the Warm Welcome
project this winter.
This scheme signposts vulnerable residents to settings that are opening their doors and providing a warm welcome for those struggling to heat their homes this winter.
The Council say they are looking for expressions of interest from community and voluntary sector organisations who are willing to open their venue to residents and list themselves on Warm Welcome’s Find-a-Space register
Organisations that are happy to list themselves for a minimum of 8 hours per week, will be entitled to a £500 grant, funded via the Household Support Fund, administered by Medway Council.
The Council ask that organisations wishing to register for this grant should email email@example.com
by the end of January 2023
, and provide:
- Full organisation name
- Organisation address and postcode
- Bank sort code and account number
- Bank account name
- Main contact email address
The Council also point out that organisations must show that they understand the following grant conditions:
- Organisations who apply are willing to list their setting on The Warm Welcome Find-a-Space register.
- The organisation is happy to stay listed until at least the end of March 2023 and that they will keep their opening hours up to date on the website if they change
- The Organisation will list a minimum of 8 hours for their setting
- The Organisation taking part will not exclude any groups of people from accessing the warm welcome during your advertised open hours
The Council advise that once organisations have expressed an interest by email as directed, they will receive be email message to say that the grant has been successful.
The Council reassure the grant will then be processed and transferred to that organisation, who would then be responsible to list their warm venue service on the Warm Welcome website.
Medway Council advise that this website would then be promoted by Medway Council and a range of Medway partners, signposting people to venues where they can get a warm welcome throughout the winter.