Have you heard about Medway’s Volunteer Manager & Co-ordinator Support Network?
The group was launched earlier this year and have now met on three occasions so far this year. There are currently 26 network members and the main aim of the group is to provide a platform that brings together local Volunteer Managers and Co-ordinators in Medway to enable:
- The sharing of knowledge and experience
- Provide networking opportunities
- Peer to peer support
- And those all-important collaborative working opportunities
- Some of the things they have been up to already include:
- Reviewing the local volunteering landscape
- Looking at the impact Covid has had on volunteering locally in general including the rise of virtual volunteering
- Joint volunteer advert campaigns
- Resource sharing
- Volunteers Week planning
Meetings take place every 6-8 weeks and the next meeting will be on Tuesday the 2nd
of August 10am – 12pm (which will be an ‘in-person’ event). If you manage volunteers in the Medway area and would like more information regarding the network or to join please contact a member of MVA’s team on email at firstname.lastname@example.org.