VCS Transformation Academy - Learn More about the Academy

Members of the Transformation Academy are an inclusive group, with a cross section of large and small organisations, with a diverse range of organisations representing communities across Medway. Members have been exploring how their organisations operate, the challenges they face, and ‘thinking bigger’ for their own organisation and as a group. They are committed to developing more shared goals and setting the agenda as a group going forward.

The benefits of being a member of the Academy include:
  • Gaining access to unique, exclusive free training which can help you and your organisation. At a training session in February 2024 held with the Transformation Academy, 72% of members stated what they learned was ‘EXTREMELY useful for them and their own organisations’. The remaining 28% of members stated what they learned was ‘VERY useful for them and their own organisations’.
  • Work with, network with and learn from other likeminded peers in the VCS. "To share what I know and to benefit from what others know (has been so helpful)." Transformation Academy Member.
  • Be a part of radical change in Medway and the wider VCS community.
“Now, it is about thinking differently.” Transformation Academy Member

Although members participate in the Academy on the basis of “Generous Leadership”, they can also access payments for participation in some of the workstreams within the Academy. In the first year of the Transformation Academy, one third of members volunteered to be a part of Task & Finish Groups received several payments. In the second year of the Transformation Academy, over one third of members have volunteered to be accredited coaches offer coaching to the sector.

The Transformation Academy will be ending in December 2024 however it is not over yet and the members are continuing to work on innovative approaches to challenges the VCSEF collectively encounters. Because the Transformation Academy is coming to a conclusion in its current format, applications to join the Academy have now closed – but you can still get involved and benefit from their learning and support. To find out more please email us at or contact us on 01634 812 850 or for more details.

Don’t take our word for the work being done, listen to some of the members:

“The Transformation Academy is doing tremendously well in achieving other our targets. Additionally, the learnings are very valuable.” Eithne Rynne, Kent Association for the Blind

"Being a member of the Academy, the networking has increased in one to one meetings that are taking place outside of the Academy." David Stokes, Nucleus Arts

“Now we are starting to develop resources, it is no longer just talk, there are actions”, Raz Goodred, Home-Start Medway

"It is good for us all to understand that what we are doing individually, this has an impact on the community at large" - Neil Charlick – Gillingham Street Angels

"The benefits of working together only make us more resilient and more prepared for future challenges" Rupa Sen – Medway Diversity Forum